Advanced Italian Courses in Auckland, hAMILTON & wELLINGTON (C1)
Learn to master Italian in Auckland and Wellington with our fun immersion Advanced Italian language courses (C1) taught completely in Italian by experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy. In this Italian C1 Language Course you will learn to have conversations in Italian, read articles and news in Italian, discuss detailed information and talk about areas of personal interest. Furthermore every lesson will include something about Italian Culture and People. Taught in Italian!
In the Advanced Italian C1 language courses students will understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects,showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices
Our Italian Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2..
The C1 Italian level is broken in to Advance Italian 1-3 (C1.1 -C1.3)
Italian Course objectives for C1 are :
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- You can understand extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not signalled explicitly.
- I can understand television programmes and films without too much effort.
- You can understand long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
- You can understand specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to my field.
- You can express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- You can use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes
- You can formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate my contribution skilfully to those of other speakers.
- You can present clear, detailed descriptions of complex subjects integrating sub-themes, developing particular points and rounding off with an appropriate conclusion.
- You can express myself in clear, well- structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
- You can write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report, underlining what you consider to be the salient issues.
- You can select style appropriate to the reader in mind.
Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
- Immersion language learning, Interactive lectures, multi-media techniques (audio/video/information technology), discussion with class participation, group/pair work
- Marin, T., & Magnelli, S. . Nuovo progetto italiano 3 (2009): Corso multimediale di lingua e civiltà italiana: Livello elementare (B2-C1). Roma: Edilingua. - Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs...
- Nuovo Progetto Italiano textbooks used in Universities worldwide including Victoria University, University of York, Oxford, Latrobe, Brown, MIT...
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Italian School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Hamilton - 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- $150 includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Italy and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Italian courses start all year round - Enrol today!