Spanish courses and classes For Intermediates in Auckland & Wellington (B1)
Learn Spanish in Auckland, Hamilton and Wellington with our fun 8 week Intermediate Spanish classes (B1) staught by expert Spanish teachers from Latin America and Spain and start speaking Spanish today!
In the Intermediate B1 Spanish language courses you will learn to communicate about work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in Latin American and Spain. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams,hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Our Spanish Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Spanish Level A1 to C2.
- The Spanish B1 Intermdiate level is broken down into Intermediate 1 (B1.1), Intermediate 2 (B1.2), Intermediate 3 (B1.3) & Intermediaete 4 (B1.4) courses.
- Spanish B1 = Ncea Level 3 and University courses (Auckland Uni's SPANISH 200, Victoria Uni's SPAN 201-2 & Waikato's SPANISH 231)
- University Applications = Upon completion of the B1 Intermediate Spanish courses, you can do the Siele Gloal Exam and apply for study in Universities in Spain and Latin America.
Spanish Course objectives for Intermediate B1 are :
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You can understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You can understand the main point of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- You can understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job- related language.
- You can understand the description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters.
- You can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You can enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- You can connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe experiences and events, my dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- You can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You can narrate a story or relate the plot of a book or film and describe my reactions.
- You can write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. I can write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.
- Aula Internacional 3 (Nueva edición /new edition) ISBN:978-84-15640-11-0. Readily available at Trademe, online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
- You have to completed the Spanish Improvers A2, Ncea Level 2 and University courses (Auckland Uni's SPANISH 105, Victoria Uni's SPAN 102 & Waikato's SPANISH 132)
Benefits of taking your Spanish courses with the Spanish Institute:
- You will learn Spanish with qualified and experienced professional Spanish teachers from Latin America and Spain
- Progress in a friendly Spanish immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised Siele exams
- Use the recommended Aula + Internacional Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the Victoria University, University of Canterbury, University of Sydney ,Monash University, University of York, University of Coventry, University of Liverpool, University College London, University of Calgary , Instituto Cervantes and many more...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Spanish schools and classes near me
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- Hamilton - The Link, 4 Te Aroha Street, Hamilton East, Waikato
- Mt Eden - Mt Eden Village Centre, 449 Mount Eden Rd, Auckland
- Northcote - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, North shore, Auckland
- West Auckland - Point Chevalier Community Centre, 18 Huia Road, Point Chevalier, Auckland
- Palmerston North - Hancock Community House, 77 King St, Manawatu
- Tauranga - Arataki Community Centre, Zambuk Way, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- Whanganui - Community House, 60 Ridgway Street, Whanganui
- Wellington - Spanish House, 7 Moncrieff St, Mt Victoria, Wellington
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Centre 48 Aro Street, Aro Valley, Wellington
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Spain or Latin America and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.