Advanced French Courses in Auckland and Wellington (C1)
Learn to master French in Auckland and Wellington with our fun 8 week immersion French language classes for Advanced French students (C1) taught by expert native French teachers from France and start speaking French perfectlytoday! In these French C1 language courses you will learn to talk about people, make suggestions, negotiate and bargain, careers, goals, tastes, talk about travels and tell stories... Furthermore every lesson will include something about French Culture and People.
Our French Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
- The Advance French C1 level is broken down into C.1 - C1.4 according to the CEFR.
- To enrol in the Advanced French C1 you must have completed Post Intermediate French B2, University of Auckland French 304 and Victoria University Fren 301 & 302.
French Course objectives for C1 are :
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- You can understand extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not signalled explicitly.
- I can understand television programmes and films without too much effort.
- You can understand long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
- You can understand specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to my field.
- You can express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- You can use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes
- You can formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate my contribution skilfully to those of other speakers.
- You can present clear, detailed descriptions of complex subjects integrating sub-themes, developing particular points and rounding off with an appropriate conclusion.
- You can express myself in clear, well- structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
- You can write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report, underlining what you consider to be the salient issues.
- You can select style appropriate to the reader in mind.
- Alter Ego 5, Methode de Francais, 2011 [With CD] By Annie Berthet et all. ISBN 9782011557971. Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Alter Ego + Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the University of Auckland, Monash University, University of Singapore, University of Lucknow, University of Texas, University of Sydney, Oxford University, Alliance Fraincais and many more...
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
French School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from France and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
French courses start all year round - Enrol today!