Improvers Italian Courses in Auckland, Hamilton & Wellington (A2)
Learn Italian in Auckland, Hamilton and Wellington with our fun immersion 8 week Improvers Italian language courses and classes(A2) taught by experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy .In this A2 Italian Language course you will learn in the Italian lessons to communicate about personal and family information, shopping, restaurants, your wiishes and discuss your opinions. Furthermore every lesson will include something about Italian Culture and People.
Our Italian Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
The A2 Italian level is broken in to Improvers 1, 2 and 3 (A2.1-3)
The formal CEFR objectives for A2 are:
- Can understand Italian sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in Italian in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need in Italian.
Italian Learning Outcomes:
Catch the main points in short simple messages:
- Identify information given by speakers relating everyday experiences e.g. personal and family information, shopping, restaurant, wishes
Handle very short social exchanges:
- speak around everyday experiences in simple terms
- Give personal and family information
- Interact in a shop
- Order in a restaurant
- Express wishes and hypotheses
- Give the reason for something, clarify their own position on an issue (I agree, I disagree, I think…, I believe…, I hope…, It is important that…
Read very short simple texts like an email, a menu, a timetable, an advertisement, a questionnaire, brochures of travel agencies, (online) shopping catalogues, radio and TV programme
- Scan for information and understand the main points of simple written documents around familiar issues (simple biographical and descriptive texts)
Write short, simple texts relating to matters of immediate need:
- Write a friendly letter to relate personal experiences or to invite, thank, congratulate or seek information.
- Write short, simple notes and messages on general topics for example "will be back in 5 minutes"
Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
- Immersion language learning, Interactive lectures, multi-media techniques (audio/video/information technology), discussion with class participation, group/pair work
- Marin, T., & Magnelli, S. . Nuovo progetto italiano 1 (2009): Corso multimediale di lingua e civiltà italiana: Livello elementare (A1-A2). Roma: Edilingua. - Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Available App with the text, audios and videos at Google play & Apple App stores.
- Nuovo Progetto Italiano textbooks used in Universities worldwide including Victoria University, University of York, Oxford, Latrobe, Brown, MIT...
- Each evening course is made of 10 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Italian School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Hamilton - 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- $150 includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Italy and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Italian courses start all year round - Enrol today!